Since 08/2009: independent contractor
Development and maintenance of web applications and web sites, consulting, audit, training.
For further details, contact me!
06/2008 to 07/2009: UNFCCC
Associate Information Systems Officer at the UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change), in Bonn (Germany).
Development and maintenance of Zope-based web applications with OpenFlow (workflow engine). Work in English (multinational environment), relationship with functional and technical teams. Development of new applications, as well as maintenance, improvement and rewriting of old ones. Strong autonomy and quick adaptation.
01/2003 to 05/2008: Pilot Systems
Software developer, project manager and pre-sales support at Pilot Systems, in Paris (France).
Development and maintenance of Zope-based web applications, mainly on top of Plone: web sites, intranet portals, custom applications.
Writing of functional and technical specifications on most projects: "translation" of request of proposals, technical conception.
Project management on most projects: planning, risk management, communication with customer and development/administration team. In-situ, telephone and videoconference meetings.
Pre-sales support: writing of most proposals since 2005, including quotations. Meeting with prospects, soutenance and demonstration.
Teleworking (an average of 1 day in Paris every two weeks) for 3 years: great autonomy, communication skills that helped to keep a strong contact with the remote team.
Software developer (intern) at Cetelem, in Levallois-Perret (France).
Development and maintenance of Perl and MySQL-based web applications. First exposure to software development and relationships between technical and functional project participants.
07-08/2000 and then 10/2000 to 04/2001: France Télévisions
Software developer and webmaster at France Télévisions, in Paris (France).
Webmastering and mini-web sites creation (PHP and Perl) on france2.fr and france3.fr. Work in collaboration with journalists.
Open source: contributions and publications
The following softwares include automated tests and documentation. Some of them have been originally written for customers. I also contribute to Plone, various Plone products, plone.net, as well as several softwares written in Python.
Ximenez has originally been written to perform various management tasks on a number of heterogeneous Zope instances. However, it can be used to perform any action upon a set of elements, thanks to a plug-in system.
Soho generates a web site from a set of reStructuredText source files and a ZPT layout.
CMFNotification is a Plone product that allows users to be notified when various events occur in the portal: item creation or modification, workflow actions, etc.
StagingAddOn is a simple staging and versioning product for Plone 2.
Collective Faceted Navigation is a Plone product that provides an interface which lets a user browse items of a site by selecting amongst pre-defined criteria.
Studies and diplomas
"Expert en ingénierie informatique" diploma from ÉPITA (École Pour l'Informatique et les Techniques Avancées), in Paris (France).
Baccalauréat S, at lycée Louis Armand in Poitiers (France).
- Very good knowledge of Zope 2 and Plone API and of the components and concepts thereof.
- Very good proficiency in writing products for Zope or Plone.
- Good proficiency in OpenFlow and DCWorkflow.
- Wide knowledge of existing Zope and Plone products.
- Good knowledge of the Zope Component Architecture.
- Good knowledge of Pyramid.
- Basic knowledge of Grok, Pylons and Django.
- Basic knowledge of JQuery.
- Very good knowledge of Python.
- Good knowledge (though coming from more or less recent practice) of C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, shell scripts.
Markup languages and associated formats and languages
- Very good knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Good knowledge of XML and XSLT.
- Good knowledge of LaTeX and reStructuredText.
- Very good knowledge of ZODB.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Good knowledge of SQLAlchemy and Storm
- Good knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and MS Access.
Operating systems, system administration and miscellaneous skills
- Daily usage of UNIX systems (Linux, *BSD), MacOS X and Windows.
- Basic knowlegde of UNIX systems administration.
- Good knowledge of Apache and Squid.
- Good knowledge of OpenLDAP.
- Daily usage of Subversion.
- Occasional usage of Mercurial, Bazaar and Git.
- Good knowledge of UML. Notions of SADT.
- Propensity to document extensively, write automated tests and take the users' point of view rather than the developer's one.
- Strong autonomy, curiosity and methodology that helps me to find the cause of various problems.
Proactiveness, listening and summarizing skills, capacity to explain with non-technical words, autonomy, adaptation, organisation, humour.
- French: mother tongue. Excellent writing proficiency. Very good speaking proficiency.
- English: fluent in technical English. Very good writing proficiency. Daily usage.
- German: good notions.
Talks (in French)
- Solutions Linux 2008 (Paris, France): "Tutoriel Plone : déployer un intranet collaboratif avec intégration d'un annuaire LDAP" ("Plone tutorial: deploying an intranet with LDAP integration", 3h20).
- Paris Capitale du Libre 2007: "Générer une application web sans code avec Plone 3" ("Generating a web application without code with Plone 3", 30 minutes).
- Solutions Linux 2007: "Tutoriel Plone : déployer un intranet collaboratif avec intégration d'un annuaire LDAP" ("Plone tutorial: deploying an intranet with an LDAP directory", 3h20) and "Une application web en dix minutes avec Plone et ArchGenXML" ("A web application in 10 minutes with Plone and ArchGenXML", 30 minutes).
- Solutions Linux 2006: "Tutoriel Plone" (Plone tutorial, 3h) and "Authentification centralisée et SSO avec LDAP et Zope" ("Central authentication and SSO with LDAP and Zope", 30 minutes).
- Solutions Linux 2005: "Tutoriel : déployez votre intranet avec Plone" ("Tutorial: deploying your intranet with Plone", 2h), "Rendez votre infrastructure Plone multilingue" and "Les moteurs de workflow dans Zope et Plone" ("A multilingual site with Plone" and "Workflow engines in Zope and Plone", 30 minutes each).
Presence at Pilot Systems' booth on numerous trade shows: Solutions Linux (from 2005 to 2008), Solutions Intranet 2006, Online 2007, ERP 2007 (all in Paris, France). Contacts with prospect and partners, demonstrations.
Training and classes
- "Development with Plone" training sessions (4 days).
- "Content management with Plone" training sessions.
- Python, Zope and Plone classes (28h) at ÉPITA (Paris, France).
- Python, Zope and Plone classes (14h) at ITIN (Paris, France).
- Sport: volleyball, freestyle and celtic wrestling (gouren and backhold), savate, soccer, tennis, badminton.
- Readings: science-fiction, fantasy, classics.
- Travels (by foot, bike and tandem): Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, France, Germany, Italy, Ivory Coast, Morocco, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Spain, United Kingdom.